Saturday, October 16, 2010

Drumroll please...Site Assignment: Tejutla, San Marcos!

My madeline :)

The day of reckoning was this past Thursday - its The Big Day for any Peace Corps volunteer; the day we find out where we're going to be living and working for the remainder of our service. I was super pleased to find out I will be in the department of San Marcos, which is awesome for all the following reasons: it is home to the highest peak in Central America, Volcán Tajumulco, is close to Quetzaltenango, Guatemala's second-largest city, and I will be working with a group called Asociación de Desarrollo Integral Comunitario de Tejutla (ADICTA), teaching mainly nutrition classes, AND I will be partnered with a Marketing volunteer! I am so, so, so pleased to get this assignment, I can hardly wait to get there!


This view is only 15 minutes away from my current site, San Bartolomé Milpas Altas, gorgeous, eh? Also, thanks to my amazing step-father, Jong, for getting this camera for me...



Listening to: The Oogum Boogum Song by Brenton Woods (thanks Danny :)

1 comment:

  1. Jaron, I was just reading your blog!! This experience sounds amazing! I am so proud of you and everything you are doing, you are honestly inspiring me with each entry. Keep it up I love love love reading it and just imagining whats going on <3 your cousin Jane (this is my AIM screenname love ittt)

    ReplyDelete